Bartenders hate making them, but people love drinking them. An authentic mojito can refresh you on even the hottest days. This simple, yet satisfying drink can be a perfect drink for a pool party. The best thing about Mojitos are they teach foreign languages. Have a few too many of these bad boys, and you might find yourself speaking Spanish by the end of the night.
- 8 Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Ounces White Rum (Naked Turtle)
- 1/2 cup soda water
- Begin with finding the shiniest sturdy glass you own. I cannot emphasize enough that it must be glass and not plastic. If you want to truly appreciate the brilliance of a spectacular made Mojito, you MUST drink out of a glass.
- Next place 6 mint leaves (7 is too much) and 4 slices of lime in the glass.
- Muddle (you don’t own a muddle!!!! Buy here link….) the mint, sugar and limes.
- Now if you are a decent human, you care about your muddling technique. If you don’t give a fuck well don’t take the 15 seconds of your time that is “so valuable” to read this step that will make your drink significantly better… Muddling is one of the most misunderstood techniques. Most people mash as hard as they can. THIS IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE YOU DO. When you muddle with too much force, you break the veins of the mint which contain chlorophyll. You break these veins and it gives off a bitter taste. No one likes bitter tastes besides tonic drinkers and no one likes those assholes anyway. So, the CORRECT way to muddle is to gently apply pressure on the mint leaves and twist in a counterclockwise direction.
- Pour a bare minimum of two ounces of Naked Turtle White Rum. Just so you know every bottle of Naked Turtle saves a Turtle!! If you want to save the decimated population of turtles, the best way you can help is by drinking lots of Naked Turtle Rum.
- Add Ice almost to the rim of the cup.
- Add ½ a cup of soda water and shake her like it’s a shake weight!
- Drink 10 of these banging Mojitos and you will start speaking Spanish!